Region 8, which includes the Elmhurst Park District, entered Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Wednesday. The following changes will go into effect…
- Outdoor recreation – Group sizes of up to 50 are allowed and multiple groups are permitted given facilities have space to appropriately social distance and can limit interaction between groups.
- Rentals – Rentals are limited to the lesser of 50 people or 50% of room capacity, however, dance floors should remain closed.
- Youth and recreational sports - There is a limit of 50 spectators for events. Sporting venues may host multiple groups of participants engaged in active exercise or gameplay provided the venue has space.
The Illinois Department of Public Health will continue to track the positivity rate in our region and updates concerning the Park District will be posted to this website. Follow the latest regional metrics at: https://dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics.
As always, wash your hands, wear your mask, and watch your distance. Covered faces equal open places!
The reviews are in and Wilder Mansion is proud to make the list of The Knot Best of Weddings 2021. This accolade represents the highest-and most-rated wedding professionals as reviewed by real couples, their families and wedding guests on The Knot, a leading wedding planning and registry brand and app.
Despite COVID-19 interrupting many weddings and events this year, Wilder Mansion continued to support to-be-weds throughout their wedding planning journeys. From adjusting schedules to make way for postponed weddings, to helping couples host socially distanced weddings following state and local guidelines, Wilder Mansion helped couples continue to celebrate life and love in a safe and memorable way.
Wilder Mansion is part of the five percent of local wedding professionals listed on The Knot who received this distinguished recognition. To determine the winners, The Knot analyzed its millions of user reviews across various vendor categories—including venues, musicians, florists, photographers, caterers and more—to find the highest rated vendors of the year.
To learn more about Wilder Mansion and how to plan your next great event, contact us.
Now booking! Looking for a warm and inviting backdrop for holiday photos? Schedule your family's holiday photos at Wilder Mansion today. Your family will have exclusive use of the Mansion and our many holiday backdrops to take the perfect family photo. Either bring in your own photographer or use your personal camera and tripod to capture the holiday cheer. Group size will be limited according to the current Region 8 regulations. $50 residents/$60 non-residents per thirty minute session.
Dates available in November and December, book your time slot here!
Due to the recent facility closures we want to inform you of our current plans regarding refunds and credits:
- Memberships: Courts Plus members who have paid in full will have their membership extended for the length of the closure. For example; if we are closed for 3 weeks you will have a 3 week extension on your membership. Members who are on installment billing will not be charged during the closure. Accounts will be adjusted accordingly when facilities reopen and billing resumes.
- Rentals and Parties: We are currently working with rentals through May 15. If your party has been scheduled during this time we will be happy to refund or reschedule your event without a cancellation or rescheduling fee.
- Rec Station, Sunbeams & Rainbows, and other programs with automatic billing will NOT be charged or billed during the closure. All automatic billings and payments are suspended until we reopen.
- All paid events that were scheduled to take place during the closure will be refunded automatically at this time. You do not need to request a refund.
- Currently, all programs are on hold. We are working on plans to reschedule or cancel, and we will process credits and refunds when facilities reopen.
If you have any questions regarding our refund policy, please use the Elmhurst Park District's Contact form. We will do our best to respond to you Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm. We thank you for your patience and understanding. We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Please note that the above mentioned refund practices are being offered during this special closure and are not our standard policies.
Thank you to all that visited the show, and a special shout out to our vendors. We'll see you in 2020!
The November/December issue of Chicagoland Gardening features a familiar facade, with Wilder Park Conservatory taking center stage on their cover. The facility was featured in their 'Tropical Escapes' article which highlights conservatories throughout the Chicagoland area.
Elmhurst Park District Horticulturist, David Price, was quoted in the piece, saying "One of the nicest things about the conservatory is it has a long history."
"We have photos of a grandmother bringing her grandchild here. When we asked, she told us of her memories of her grandmother bringing her. It's a wonderful tradition."
A picture is worth a thousand words, and the staff at Wilder Mansion wanted to team up with a photographer to tell the story of the Wilder Mansion. Staff teamed up with Glass & Grain Photography, owned by local residents Ian Healy and sister, Elise Healy Cellitti, to do a photo shoot in the hope that they could capture the very essence and charm of the mansion. And that they did.
“It was important for us to choose a local photographer because they’re familiar with the grounds,” said Facility Supervisor Meagan Dovidio, “Glass & Grain had sought out the mansion for a wedding photo shoot previously, and the images they took were stunning. They certainly have an eye for beauty, and we were thrilled at the opportunity to work with them again.”
The duo conducted the photo shoot throughout May and June, choosing just the right time to shoot the flowering magnolia trees out front and ensuring the grounds were in full bloom. Nicole Sperando of Fleur Couture in Downers Grove also provided floral arrangements for the interior shots.
“Not only do we call Elmhurst home, but this quaint little town is also home to one of the most stunning wedding venues in the Midwest,” Elise said, “Wilder Mansion has everything you would want in an elegant wedding space; it’s monumental, bright, airy, and gorgeously decorated. The white walls and huge windows are a photographer’s dream! The Wilder Mansion Conservatory is one of my favorite spots in Elmhurst because even in the heart of winter, the heated conservatory full of lush foliage transports you to the tropics!"
Despite the ample competition in the wedding market, brides are drawn to the mansion because of its unique ambiance. They often feel like they’re inviting guests into their own home and are able to decorate with their own personal touches.
“Brides have exclusive use of the space, and that is so very important when planning for their special day,” said Meagan, “When a bride walks through the door, they see the natural light flowing in the rooms, the floor to ceiling windows, the beautiful wood floors, the fireplaces…Wilder Mansion is truly a gem in Elmhurst.”
Coupled with the amazingly attentive staff, wonderful vendors, and competitive pricing, Wilder Mansion offers a well-rounded space for a picture-perfect day. And the pictures truly do speak for themselves!
For more information about Wilder Mansion, please call (630) 993-8186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Glass & Grain Photography, please visit them online at glassandgrainphoto.com or at facebook.com/glassandgrainphoto.