Frequently Asked Questions

When can I tour the venue?

All other tours are by appointment only. Please contact the Facility Rental Supervisor to arrange a tour.

Can all of my guests fit in one room?

Wilder Mansion has a number of different rooms on each floor. Each main room can hold between 60-80 people. The second floor can hold up to 200 people in multiple rooms, depending on table and chair configuration.

What is the maximum capacity?

Wilder Mansion can hold up to 250 guests.

What is included in the rental fee?

Your rental fee includes use (by you and/or your caterer) of the facility during your contract hours, our inventory of tables and chairs, and staff to oversee your event. Your menu, bar, linens, flatware and other equipment must be arranged through your caterer. View Mansion amenities.

How do I start a contract?

To begin the contract process, please contact the Facility Rental Supervisor at (630) 993-8186 or through the Contact page.

How far in advance can I book my event?

Wilder Mansion opens its event calendar 2 years in advance.

What decorations can I bring in?

You may decorate the Mansion for your event; however, you may not tape or tack any decorations to the walls, doors or windows. Confetti, glitter, rice and other like items are not permitted inside or outside of the facility. Candles are allowed, but flames must be enclosed.

Can I get in early to set up?

Event setup must begin at your contract start time.

Who is responsible for cleanup?

Wilder Mansion and catering staff is responsible for the majority of cleanup. You are responsible for taking out any personal items brought into the facility.

When do I need to have everything out of the space?

All items must be removed at the end of your event. Other arrangements can be made to keep items overnight and picked up the next day at a predetermined time.

Is there a food and beverage minimum?

We do not have a food and beverage minimum. Rental fees are based on the date, time and size of your event. All food and beverage details are coordinated through our caterers.

Can I bring in an outside caterer

The Wilder Mansion works with eight preferred caterers. Outside caterers are permitted, but must be approved. A $1000 outside caterer fee will be added to your contract.

Is liquor permitted?

Liquor is permitted at the Mansion. Events with alcohol are subject to a $200 nonrefundable insurance fee. Please see your caterer for all bar services.

Are any other events taking place at the same time as ours?

Wedding events have exclusive use of the Mansion. Two smaller events (such as business meetings) may utilize different rooms or floors at the same time.

Can the Mansion be used for both ceremony and reception?

The Mansion can host both wedding ceremony and reception. For wedding ceremonies, please see our Weddings page.

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal check, cashier's check and cash as forms of payment.

Can a tent be set up in Wilder Park for a reception?

All receptions must be held indoors at the Mansion. We do not allow the back of the house (Wilder Park) to be tented.

What county is Wilder Mansion in?

Wilder Mansion is in DuPage County. All marriage licenses will need to be purchased at the County building in Wheaton, IL.

Photography Permits

Wilder Mansion makes the perfect backdrop to make your wedding or engagement photos shine. Hourly rentals for photography purposes are available. With a variety of settings, Wilder Mansion has become a favorite location of local photographers.

  • Wilder Mansion Photography Rentals: $150 Per Hour
  • Wilder Park Formal Garden Photography: $150 Per Hour
  • Wilder Park Conservatory Photography: $150 Per Hour

Schedule your photo session today. Contact the Facilities Rental Supervisor or call at (630) 993-8186.